- Several files packaged in one :
- The stand-alone version (*.xls)
- The color codes table in pdf
- The sparklines manual (permanent draft...)
- Possibility to choose the install directory
- An optional shortcut can be created in your Desktop menu (or on the desktop)
- Creation of an Uninstall file
- Easy upgrade of new versions
- Users will have to declare manually the add-in in Excel (not a big deal though...)
- Sparkline chooser interface
- Standalone files creator (as requested by Robert here)
- Scatter plot chart
- Updated manual (embeded in the Sparklines Chooser)
- Recoding of Pareto and Cascade charts
The default install directory is : c:\program Files\sparklines
The file is available HERE and HERE on SourceForge.
As Gustavo informed me, in order to use the add-in, you first have to add this install directory in Excel's "Trusted Zone":
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Excel Options.
- Click Trust Center, click Trust Center Settings, and then click Trusted Locations.
- If you want to create a trusted location that is not local to your computer, select the Allow trusted locations on my network (not recommended) check box.
- Click Add new location.
Important We recommended that you don't make your entire Documents or My Documents folder a trusted location. Doing so creates a larger target for a hacker to potentially exploit and increases your security risk. Create a subfolder within Documents or My Documents, and make only that folder a trusted location.
- In the Path box, type the name of the folder that you want to use as a trusted location, or click Browse to locate the folder.
- If you want to include subfolders as trusted locations, select the Subfolders of this location are also trusted check box.
- In the Description box, type what you want to describe the purpose of the trusted location.
- Click OK.